Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Sunday 12 January 2014

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara | Review

Hey again, beauties, DTG here with my first proper review on a product. It isn't one I've seen mentioned too much around the beauty community, and what I have seen has been split pretty 50/50 down the love it or hate it junction. Here's my personal views on the mascara in question.

Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara - £15 available here
I received this mascara in my Glossybox back in May but only opened it today, and so far I'm not convinced. I so wanted to love this mascara purely for the name of it. Fairy Lashes is both adorable and girly enough to appeal to my girly girl nature. The packaging is lovely, incorporating a lovely font and a pretty purple together. The box it came in was also lovely but unfortunately got thrown away a few months ago when trying to make room for new beauty essentials so I didn't get the chance to snap a pic!



The wand is okay. It's a traditional bristle brush instead of a rubber brush, which I traditionally get along better with (although the MaxFactor Masterpiece Max is an exception to that rule). Jelly Pong Pong claim that this mascara is supposed to make eyelashes thicker and curvier, but as you can see the wand is neither thick for volumising or a good shape for curling, so I find that neither the wand nor the mascara lives up to either of these claims.



Now onto the mascara itself. The formula is really dry and thin, which is good normally because it means no clumps, but for some reason this just really doesn't work for me. Because it's so dry, it doesn't really coat lashes as much as cover them in flakes of thin mascara. It also dries to a really odd consistency where if you rub your eyelashes, the mascara comes off in very strange rubbery strips. I also found this flaked under the eyes after a day of wear. I applied this first thing this morning and found the wear time to be pretty poor and the end result to be disappointing. I then reapplied this this afternoon just before taking the pictures you see here, and both times the results were poor. It almost looks like the mascara is drying up, but it was only opened today so it wouldn't have been possible. It also made my lashes look thin and scraggly which, I think we can all agree, is not a good look. I won't be repurchasing this and definitely think it is not worth the price. Here are some before and after pictures so you can see the full effect. 


Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

What do you guys think? Love it or hate it? Lemme know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment