Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Sunday 16 February 2014

Nail Art Weekly Project - Week Three, Valentines

It's that time again, folks! It's time for the Nail Art Weekly Project post. The Nail Art Weekly Project was set up by the lovely Danni at gingerbreadsmiles and the aim is to post one manicure a week that adheres to the theme that she set. Week three was Valentines themed! I don't celebrate Valentines day for a number of different reasons, but it's still a cute idea for a theme, so how could I say no?! Here's what I came up with. Excuse the terrible painting job; I was trying to snap a picture before it got dark outside so I didn't have time for a clean up after the manicure was done. And my cuticles are gross because I have a habit of biting and picking them when I get nervous :( Sorry.






I used two coats of Barry M white nail polish for the base. I absolutely hate this polish for actual base coats because it's so thick and gloopy and I think it just looks like I've Tippexed my fingernails. I use it for stamping, normally, but I didn't have another white on hand so it'll have to do. I then used a pink Barry M nail art pen to draw little hearts all over the white. Finish with a clear top coat and BAM, pretty little heart nails. 

Let me know what you think, and thank you for reading,
Kerry x

3 comments:

  1. I am not a nail polish fan but I like to appreciate good work =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still not sure on white nail polish, but with the hearts it looks better!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to find a white polish that applies without getting streaky. The hearts are really cute! I wish I could do nail art. Maybe I will try something on one nail. I think you have inspired me! xoxo Lauren
    www.willsingformakeup.com

    ReplyDelete