Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourites

Woah where did February go? I swear it was here just a minute ago... They say that the older you get, the quicker the time goes, and I have to say I definitely agree with that. And I'm only 19!! How quickly is the time going to go when I hit 30? I dread to even think about it. It just seems like I have so many plans for the year and don't have enough time to do them all... Aaaaaaaanyway, onto my February favourites!

Calvin Klein CK One Eau de Toilette - £12.00 for 50ml
Apologies for the dirty bottle - it was in my make up bag when I had a blusher crack and go everywhere. But CK One has been my fragrance of the month. It's definitely more of a summer fragrance, but I like to break rules, what can I say? The top notes that I can identify are lemon and green notes and bergamot, with floral middle notes. The base notes are primarily woody and musky. All of these makes it the perfect unisex fragrance, and one of the most refreshing fragrances I've ever had the pleasure of smelling. I've used it all month long, every day, and the amount of compliments I've received when wearing it have been astounding! Love love love this.

Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara - £9.99
I got this little sample a while ago now in a Max Factor gift from Boots after spending a certain amount on Max Factor products and only opened it a few weeks ago. It's their Masterpiece mascara in black, and it's fabulous. I'm not sure if it's better than my beloved Masterpiece Max, but it's definitely up there, and I haven't used anything else this month. It's not one for a false lash look, but it defines and lengthens nicely, looking more defined than normal but not false. It creates a very "your eyelashes but better" look.

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in Peppermint - £4.49
Ever since painting this on my nails a couple of weeks ago, I haven't stopped wearing it. I was always under the impression that pastel shades don't suit me, but for some reason this mint green (titled Peppermint) works amazingly with my skin tone and is just such a gorgeous colour. It applies smoothly, opaque in two coats, and lasts a reasonable amount of time. Keep in mind, I always use a base and top coat so this could affect the wear time of the product.

Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream in No. 13 - £8.94
The weather has been so up and down at the moment, one day freezing cold, the next absolutely glorious. Because of this, I've had to put away my trusty Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum for something a little lighter. This is amazing stuff. It's pretty much full coverage, but feels like you're just wearing moisturiser or something, and looks completely natural. It's one of the few things I've found that matches me perfectly as well. All around, a huge win!

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold - £4.99
What can I say about the Color Tattoos that hasn't already been said? Long lasting, creaseproof, dries quickly, gorgeous colour, used as a base or on its own, blah blah blah. Yep this has barely left my lids all month. The end.




MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick - £15
Look how beautiful this is. Just look at it. All red and swirly and with a gorgeous frosted red tube. I could look at it all day. In real life, the colour is less orange toned and just a very neutral red. It has a frost finish but it doesn't look frosted at all. It's long lasting, gorgeous, and sure to suit all skin tones. I'm going to buy a backup or two of this one!

Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Liner - £5.29
This is by far my favourite liquid eye liner of all time. It's the blackest of the black, long lasting, reasonably priced, and in my opinion it has the most perfect tip. I love the short, almost chubby tip, because it's easier to control than a brush and you can do both thin and thick lines depending on your preference. I just adore it. Have been using it since my early teens, and don't plan on stopping any time soon!

Dunelm's own Apple Orchard candle - 99p
I can't find a link online, but this is a gorgeous candle. The scent is strong enough to be detected but it's not sickly or overpowering. It's fresh and refreshing, and I've found myself burning it morning until night every day since I first started burning it. My entire room smells delicious.

I believe that's all for this month. Were any your favourites, too? Let me know :)

Thanks so much for reading,
Kerry x

4 comments:

  1. Great picks! I have the Rihanna gloss and I adore it! I really need to get my hands on the matching lipstick :) I've also really been into asian bb creams, so I'll look into the one you mentioned in this post!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately need the Rihanna gloss! They look absolutely gorgeous layered. One of the most gorgeous looks I've seen in a lip combo :)

      Thanks so much x

      Delete
  2. Great list of products! You really cannot go wrong with the Color Tattoos. They are so easy to use! I have got to try the Missha bb creams! They sound like perfection! xoxo Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly they're even better than any foundation I've ever tried, and they have the added benefit of suiting pretty much any skin tone! And I really need more Color Tattoos... The pomegranate one might be my next purchase... or the On and On Bronze... There's too much choice haha!

      Thanks for the kind words, as always :) x

      Delete