Home About Contact Disclaimer Image Map

Thursday 20 March 2014

Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush | Review




 The left two swatches are made with the Real Techniques silicone liner brush, the right two with the Meybelline brush that comes with the Maybelline gel liner.
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING IN THE UK! Wheee! Exciting stuff :D
Now that that's out of the way, let's get onto the review, shall we ;)? So for Christmas I got a £25 Amazon gift voucher from my Aunt and Uncle. Not that you needed to know who it was from... Buuuuut I digress! Anyway, I saw this brush on Amazon and thought I'd give it a go. I'm absolutely terrible with gel liner and tend to stick to either pencil liner or liquid liner, but I'm not a fan of the "I just sharpied a line across my eyelid" look that liquid liner tends to give. I figured silicone had to be easier to control, and the brush shape is very similar to the brush of my favourite liquid liner (the Rimmel Exaggerate liquid liner), which I love because I feel I have more control over what I'm doing than if I were using a long, thin brush instead.

It finally arrived yesterday and while I haven't had the chance to do a proper look with it, I have had the opportunity to play with it a little bit. So far, I like it. I'm still not at the standard I would like to be, but it's definitely a vast improvement! In the swatch photo above, the two swatches on the left are using the silicone brush, the two on the right with a standard liner brush. You can see that the edges are a lot smoother and less jagged, and the colour more evenly distributed.

The silicone liner brush makes the gel glide over the skin without any effort at all and the shape of it is perfect to retain control over the direction, angle and required width. I'd say that it wasn't as flexible as a traditional brush, but I didn't find that a problem, more of a help. The added benefit of this brush is that it is SO easy to clean. I just gave it a quick swish in water with some Dr Bronner's and bam, clean as a whistle. It's also really reasonably priced for what it is.

Overall I'm really impressed with this brush. The quality is fantastic and it has made applying gel liner so much easier for me. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush - £5.99

No comments:

Post a Comment